GREAT QUOTES OF WRIGHT BROTHERS
1. “If I were giving a young man advice as to how he might succeed in life, I would say to him, pick out a good father and mother, and begin life in Ohio.” - Wilbur Wright.
2. “The exhilaration of flying is too keen, the pleasure too great, for it to be neglected as a sport.” - Orville Wright.
3. “The desire to fly is an idea handed down to us by our ancestors who, in their grueling travels across trackless lands in prehistoric times, looked enviously on the birds soaring freely through space, at full speed, above all obstacles, on the infinite highway of the air.” - Wilbur Wright.
4. “No bird soars in a calm.” - Wilbur Wright.
5. 'If birds can glide for long periods of time, then… why can’t I?' - Wright Brothers.
6. “The airplane stays up because it doesn’t have the time to fall.” - Wright Brothers.
7. “There is no sport equal to that which aviators enjoy while being carried through the air on great white wings. More than anything else the sensation is one of perfect peace mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost if you can conceive of such a combination.” - Wright Brothers.
8. “For some years I have been afflicted with the belief that flight is possible to man. My disease has increased in severity and I feel that it will soon cost me an increased amount of money if not my life.” -Wright Brothers.
9. 'We figured that Lilienthal in five years of time had spent only about five hours in actual gliding through the air. The wonder was not that he had done so little, but that he had accomplished so much'. - Wright Brothers.
10. “It is possible to fly without motors, but not without knowledge and skill.” - Wright Brothers.